Tower Hill’s Barry Steggall Park has been selected as one of two locations in Swan Hill where pets can be exercised off leash.
Part of a two year trial, the other off leash areas are located at Palaroo Street in Swan Hill, Centenary Park in Robinvale and the Lake Boga sporting complex.
All off leash areas are clearly marked with signage and equipped with animal waste bags and bins.
After the two-year trial period (end 2019) Council will go back to the community and find out if the off leash areas are working.
Rules for using off leash areas
- Be within voice and hand control of your dogs at all times
- Carry a bag or device to remove and dispose of any droppings left by your dog
- Keep your dog on a leash if it doesn’t respond to your commands
- Stop your dog from being a nuisance towards other people and animals
- Remove your dog from the park if it becomes aggressive
- Children must be supervised
- Dogs must be registered with Council and displaying registration tags
- Owners or persons in control must carry a leash at all times
- No dogs are to be teased or chased
- Owners or persons in control must have no more than two dogs at any one time
- Only vaccinated and socialised dogs allowed
- Any dog displaying signs of illness must be removed immediately